News, articles and Information about Turkey
The 2012 AWID Forum will be taking place in Istanbul, Turkey. We will be adding news and information regarding Turkey to this section of the website to highlight the political landscape and state of women’s rights in the country.
- Solidarity Call from the Women’s Initiative against Rape Cases in Turkey
- Proving you’re gay to the Turkish army
- Noam Chomsky Discusses Turkey with David Barsamian
- The Solitude of the Stateless: Kurdish Women at the Margins of Feminist Knowledge – Shahrzad Mojab
- Turkey and the Kurds – Rebellious days – A fresh wave of protests shows how far Turkey is from pacifying its Kurds
- The Assault on Turkish Journalists Continues
- Turkey Is The First Country To Ratify The European Convention To Combat Violence Against Women
- Petateras mobilize for Ngabe Bugle in Panama March 8 2012
- Draft law combating violence against women half pleases women’s groups
- A New Kind of Armenian-Turkish Reconciliation
- Letter from jailed BDP deputy Selma Irmak [announcement of hunger strike]
- An open letter to Slavoj Žižek: Turkey’s record on human rights means it is no model for the Arab world.
- Artists in Custody
- ‘Turkey is a prison for the Kurds’ says writer Akhanli
- Grandma’s Tattoos – A family story that reveals the fate of the Armenian women driven out of Ottoman Turkey during the First World War.
- Repression of Journalists in Turkey: Fighting Press Freedom with Anti-Terrorism Laws
- At the crossroad of militarism and patriarchy: State violence against women activists in Turkey
- Turkey: Credibility Depends on Rights at Home
- Turkey drops heavily in press freedom rankings
- Turkey’s PM hits back at American writer Paul Auster for comment he reportedly made
- Change.org petition – Turkish Justice Ministry: To Release All Kurdish Children in Turkey’s Jails!
- Kurds Sue Turkish Government over Massacre of Their Compatriots
- Turkey must investigate this massacre to build Kurdish trust
- Turkey’s Military versus the Government — From Military Tutelage to Civilian Authoritarianism?
- Turkey’s shrinking media freedoms
- The Revolution Is Female – Abdullah Ocalan
Share your materials
Please share any relevant materials for posting by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org